Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Sterling Regional MedCenter
Physical Therapist Assistant
Sterling, CO 80751 United States
Physical Therapist Assistant
About Sterling Regional MedCenter
Sterling Regional MedCenter is a 36-bed acute care regional hospital serving northeastern Colo. with state-of-the-art technology and compassionate professionalism. Since 1938, we have provided exceptional care to meet the needs of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area. We provide our patients with cutting-edge technology such as eICU, a remote monitoring system and our intelligent OB program, a computerized system designed to reduce the chance of complications during labor. We are also home to the David Walsh Cancer Center, which offers our community an unprecedented level of cancer care. In addition, we are one of Logan County's largest employers with approximately 300 employees and more than 20 physicians representing ten specialties. We have also been voted Best Employer in Northeastern Colorado for three years in a row.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
* Why Banner Health?
* Banner Health Benefits
* Banner Health Careers
This position is responsible for the administration of physical therapy treatment under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, in accordance with physician referral, state and local organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
* Administers physical therapy treatment according to the plan of care established by the Physical Therapist. Implements individualized treatment plan with consideration to the patient's physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational and age specific needs. Provides skilled treatment in a safe manner. Monitors ongoing effectiveness of treatment and collaborates with Physical Therapist in modifying the plan of care when indicated. Identifies and prioritizes key limiting factors. Participates in discharge planning. Involves patient and family/caregiver in the treatment and decision making process. Provides ongoing education to physician, nurse, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team.
* Demonstrates understanding of scope of practice. Documents communication with supervising Physical Therapist. Communicates any significant change in the patient's physical function, behavior, and/or tolerance to treatment to the supervising Physical Therapist. Makes recommendations to Physical Therapist on additions to or modifications of referring orders. Provides input to the Physical Therapist to modify/update treatment goals so they are functional, measurable, patient related and reflect key limiting factors. Refers patient when treatment requires skills of Physical Therapist.
* Documents according to standards set by the department and regulatory agencies. Completes documentation within the established time frames of the department. Documents innovative and individualized treatment techniques/plan. Documentation reflects comprehensive assessment of patient's progress or lack of progress. Treatment goals are reassessed according to department policies.
* Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care. Communicates treatment results, and patient progress to physicians, nurses, patient, family/caregiver and the interdisciplinary team. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Defends treatment rationale with standard practices and/or current literature.
* Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, and staffing shifts. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas and accepts responsibility for all patient care needs.
* Demonstrates appropriate supervision and delegation of personnel to achieve safe delivery of quality cost effective patient care. Supervision and delegation of the Therapy Technician and PTA student complies with department policies and regulatory agencies. Participates in the training and orientation of new personnel. Assures competency of personnel, prior to delegation of task.
* Department operational activities. Attends required department staff meetings and/or follows up to obtain pertinent information. Participates in department/facility process improvement. Meets productivity standards set by the department.
Must have graduated from Physical Therapy Assistant program accredited by APTA, or equivalent.
Must possess a current Physical Therapy Assistant license from the state seeking practice if required.
Relates throughout the interview process their clinical competency, experience, training and education they have received that is required to perform the job. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Therapy Asst in the specialty area.
Patient care equipment, and therapeutic modalities. Copier, multi-line/multi-feature telephone, fax machine, computer, pager, and miscellaneous office equipment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
To Watch Our Video Click Here
Hours Per Week
16 hr/wk: (.400)
Education, training, experience:
Terms & Conditions