Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Mary Washington Hospital
Fredericksburg, VA United States
- Bachelor's Degree
- American Heart Association CPR
- Licensed Physical Therapist
$15,000 Sign-On Bonus with 2 Year Committment
This position is accountable to provide physical therapy services to patients, including assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation, related documentation, communication with other disciplines and services, and staff supervision as agreed. Staff may care for all age groups from infants to elderly and is aware of the developmental needs over the age span and the appropriate equipment for all ages. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers. Therapists will be accountable for their actions and strive to exceed customer expectations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
* Evaluates patients to obtain and interpret data necessary for goal settings, treatment planning with implementation of the POC.
* Completes documentation of PM&R patients medical records as per departmental standards.
* Represents PM&R at assigned meetings.
* Complies with established Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department therapy standards.
* Maintains established Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department productivity standards.
* Supervises therapy personnel as assigned.
* Supervises students as assigned.
* Demonstrates competency in basic therapy procedures, as per licensed position.
* Serves as a preceptor to new Associates as assigned.
* Follows safety and universal precautions.
* Promotes a caring and helpful attitude to visitors, physicians, patients, and staff as evidenced by observation and feedback.
* Has working knowledge of insurance and reimbursement regulations, including Medicare requirements.
* Adheres consistently to Customer Service Standards of MHS.
* Supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Organization.
* Participates and gives feedback on PI activities in the PM & R Department.
* Actively participates in special projects that support the growth of PM & R.
* Supports Community events by participation (Health Fairs, Speakers Bureau, etc.).
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* POSSESSES SKILLS NECESSARY TO ADEQUATELY EVALUATE, ACCESS, RE-ACCESS, AND DEVELOP POC : GOALS AND TREATMENT FOR QUALITY PATIENT CARE.
* An awareness of advanced directives for patients.
* Graduate of an accredited physical therapy bachelor's. Master's or Doctorate program preferred.
* Eligible member of APTA.
* Virginia State license.
* Professional competency as a general practitioner as defined by the American Physical Therapy Association
40 hours/week, weekends & holidays as needed
Mary Washington Hospital
Education, training, experience:
Terms & Conditions